Mr. Muhammad Adrees is the Chief Executive Officer of Sitara Chemical Industries Ltd – the largest Chlor-Alkali Chemical Complex of Pakistan. Mr. Adrees is a distinguished name in the business world at regional and national level and as a Corporate Leader. He belongs to a well-known business family ‘Sitara’ engaged in the business of Chemicals, Textiles, Energy and Real Estate.
He graduated from Punjab University and then went to England in 1982 for higher Business Management Studies. He also has innumerable professional qualifications at his credit from LUMS, Pakistan Institute of Management & Leadership course from Montreal Canada.
Under his Corporate leadership, Sitara Chemicals is today the largest Chlor-Alkali Chemical Complex of Pakistan with annual turnover over Rs 8 billion. The production capacity was gradually increased from 30 MT/day (1984) to current 610 MT/day.
Chairman & President
- Chairman Faisalabad Industrial Estate Development & Management Company (FIEDMC), a government owned Company and the largest industrial estate of Pakistan.
- Chairman “Committee on Broadening of Tax Base”, constituted by Ministry of Finance (2015)
- Chairman Caustic Soda Manufacturers Association.
- Regional Chairman/Vice President FPCCI (2009-10)
- Chairman FPCCI Standing Committee on Industries (2007-08 and 2013)
- Chairman FCCI Office Management Committee (2007 to 2016).
- Chairman FCCI HR Committee (2009 to 2016)
- Chairman FCCI Land & Building Committee (2007 to 2017).
- Chairman FCCI Standing Committee on ‘Research & Development’ 2009-10.
- Chairman FCCI Advisory Committee to President 2005-06.
- Former Chairman, Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry Standing Committee on Energy, Petroleum, Natural Resources & Electric Power Generation (2001 – 2002)
- Vice Chairman, Board of Governors, Govt. College for Women, Madina Town, Faisalabad.
- Former Vice Chairman Association of the Industrialists of Shahkot.
- Former Honorary Secretary of Chenab Club (Guaranteed) Ltd. Faisalabad
Chairman/CEO/Director Sitara Chemical Group Entities
- CEO Sitara Chemical Industries Ltd
- CEO Sitara Developers Pvt Ltd
- CEO Aziz Fatima Medical & Dental College
- Member BODs/Managing Committee, Employers Federation of Pakistan (2017-2019)
- Member Board of Management, National Vocational and Technical Training Commission (NAVTTC).
- Steering Committee for Promotion of Islamic Banking constituted by Finance Division Government of Pakistan (2013-16).
- Member “Committee to Improve Pakistan’s rating on Ease of doing Business Index” constituted by Ministry of Finance”
- Member ACCREDITATION COUNCIL (NBEAC) – Higher Education Commission – 2015).
- Director -Pakistan Industrial Development Corporation (PIDC) – 2008-11.
- Director – Faisalabad Industrial Estate Development Management Company 2004-06, 2008-12.
- Director -STEDEC Technology Commercialization Corporation of Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd, Government of Pakistan
- Director – Pakistan Kidney Institute Islamabad (A Project of Shifa International Hospital).
- Member – BOG Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute and Research Center (PKLI)
- Former Director – TAKAFUL Pakistan.
- Life Time Special Member of Confederation of Asia – Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry (CACCI)
- Life Member of SAARC Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- Executive Committee Member of SAARC Chamber of Commerce & Industry (2016-17)
- Member Executive Committee of National Commission for Science and Technology, M/o Science & Technology, Islamabad.
- Member FPCCI Standing Committee on Administration 2005-06.
- Member, Managing Committee, Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (2001 – 2002)
- Member, Managing Committee, Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce & Industry (01-01-2005 -2006)
- Member Lahore Chamber Standing Committee on Science & Technology (2005-06).
- Member of Provincial Council of the Punjab Boy Scouts Association (6.12.06-6.12.08)
- Member, Pakistan Chemical Engineering Council
- Member Citizen Police Liaison Committee Faisalabad (2002-12)
- Member, Citizen Police Foundation Faisalabad
- Member Federal Boilers and Pressure Vessels Safety Board
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Managing Trustee – Aziz Fatimah Trust Hospital Faisalabad.
- Managing Trustee – Sitara Institute of Management & Technology (Aziz Fatimah Trust)
- Trustee – Aziz Fatimah Educational Complex (Aziz Fatima Trust)
- Former Secretary General – Message Foundation, Lahore
- President Sheikh Foundation Faisalabad.
INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF LIONS CLUB (The largest NGO in the world)
- Chairman LCIF Chairperson of District 305-N1 for 2005-06.
- Chairman, Charter Night, Host Lions Club Faisalabad (1986-87)
- Charter President, Faisalabad City Lions Club (1989 – 90)
- Chairman Membership Director 1990 – 94
- Zone Chairman (1989 – 91)
- Rebuilding Lion (1991 – 1992)
- Region Chairman (1993-94), International Association of Lions Club.
- District Coordinator CSF (1993 – 94)
- Vice Chairman 5th District Convention (1993 – 94)
- Special Associate to District Governor 1994-95.
- Vice District Governor 305-N (1995-96)
- District Governor 305-N (1996-97)
- Chairman, District Governor’s Hon. Advisory Committee 1999 – 2000 District 305 N-1
- Chairman, Sight Conservation and Work With The Blind 2001 – 2002
- Chairman District Governor’s Advisory Committee (2002–2003) Lions District 305N-1
- Member, Progressive Melvin Jones Fellows
- Multiple Council Chairman MD 305 (2003 – 2004) Pakistan.
- Lions Leader of Faisalabad 2007-08
- Member Advisory Committee, International Association of Lions Club (MD 305) 2013
- Received ‘Special Recognition Award 2005 – Management’ from 21st Century Business and Economic Club, Karachi
- AS A LION: Received many awards and Certificates from Club, District, and International Lions Clubs. Have been attending District Conventions. Also attended International Convention in Phoenix USA 1994, Seoul Korea 1995, Montreal Canada 1996 and San Diego USA 1999.